View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kina's it's now or never log 

Unread post Kina's it's now or never log
You guys have all been such an inspiration and I kept telling myself that I'd start my own log but kept giving myself excuses to put it off. I even weighed myself on New Years to have that starting point and now it's wednesday and I know if I dont post this now and if I dont start eating healthy and working out now then I never will. I'll keep giving myself a pass. Eventually, I'll get bored with working out or eating healthy and without a log or something to keep me honest, I'll go back to the same bad habits that got me where I am now.

Age - 34
Gender - Female
Height - 5'6
Weight - 173 as of 1/1/11

Plan - I'll eat at least 3 small meals a day and at least 3 snacks of fruit or vegetables and hydrate all day. I plan to exercise at least 4 days a week and work up to 5 or 6 days doing a combination of cardio (treadmill and elliptical) and strength training (free weights and work out tape-Gilaad).

Challenges/Roadblocks - I dont drink enough water and with the increase in activity, I need to assure that I do. I also tend to skip breakfast as it usually makes me sick and I forget to eat lunch (silly I know). I get home from work after a day of virtually starving myself and then pig out on whatever is in the house and this is usually late as far as eating goes. So these are horrible habits that I have to break. I started on the slimfast diet this week and so far it has forced me to put some type of nutrients in my body at breakfast and lunch (I figure something is better than nothing) and I havent gotten sick at breakfast yet.

Workouts - So far, this week, I've been doing Kinect games (Dance Central, Fighters Uncaged and the Biggest Loser). I plan to do strength training and my treadmill and elliptical for my remaining workouts.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 am

Unread post Re: Kina's it's now or never log
Congrats to taking your first step into a larger world, kina. Welcome aboard! I used to never eat breakfast either, but once I started (and got over that morning sick feeling) I couldn't believe that I did without it. It really helps your mind to wake up in a way the caffeine just doesn't.
Every time I respond to these posts, I want to say "Good Luck", but there's really no luck involved in this, so keep up the hard work and dedication. It will pay off.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 am

Go Kina! Welcome to a new place in your life! It's hard work, but it's worth it in the end.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, based on your pics I would NEVER have thought you weighed more than 145 lbs!

Welcome to the fitness-for-vanity (yeah, I admit it) part of the forum. :D

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

Jaclyn - I'm really hoping that I'll get over that morning sick feeling too. It's only been a few days but I'm hanging in there. :)

Padme - Thanks and now all I have to do is put in the hard work.

Nara - fitness-for-vanity? I like it! :lol: This reminds me, I forgot to post my goals which are to look and feel good in my costumes, lose about 35 pounds and run the Disney Princess half marathon in February 2012 in Orlando. Also, I plan to weigh myself every Sunday.

Nara, in the Hutters pics I was 168. I gained about 5 pounds over the holidays, so I'm hoping that comes off pretty quickly. I have a muscular body type (which I hate), so I usually look smaller than what I am, at least that's what people always tell me.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Fitness for vanity. LOL. so true, but isn't that usually a motivation for fitness, even if people don't want to admit it? While I want to get healthy, I will not deny that I want to be smokin' hot, at least to myself. :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 am

1/9/11 Weigh-in Day

Starting weight: 173
Today's weight: 172

Lost one pound...slow start but I'll take it. I did really well this week with my workouts and meals. I have my free day (the day I eat what I want) as Saturday and my weigh-in is the next day so I'm thinking about switching the days. But then again maybe keeping it on saturday will assure I dont go too crazy knowing I'll have to weigh in the next day.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:11 pm
Site Moderator

1 lb in about a week is good. Too much more than that and it's way too easy to regain it; less than that and sometimes we wonder if we're losing anything at all.

Slow is smooth; smooth is fast.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

My weigh in is on Sunday, too, and I like it for the same reason. Saturday is usually our day when we eat in town while running errands or seeing a movie, and knowing that I'll be standing on the scale the next day does help me keep things under control!

Pam :-)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Today was my husband's birthday so I took him to Red Lobster. I tried to be reasonable but I can never resist the biscuits and had two of them. Also, my husband wanted cupcakes instead of a cake. I was actually happy about that because now we wont have a huge cake in the house which I'd end up eating since he isnt into sweets and would've eaten a few slices and left the rest for me. I did have two cupcakes but I figure that's better than over half a cake. Anyway, I plan to really put 100% into the rest of the cardio workouts that I have this week.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next