View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kina's it's now or never log 

Unread post Re: Kina's it's now or never log
Thanks Jaclyn. I'm taking it day by day and I had a bad day yesterday. We still have bags of potato chips left over from superbowl. I let superbowl sunday be my free day instead of Saturday so I could eat all the junk without feeling guilty. I was trying not to eat any chips during the week. This was really hard because potato chips are my weekness and I can eat an entire bag in one sitting so having them in the house all week was torture. Anyway, last night I ate a lot but I didnt eat the whole bag which for me is good. Then at 11:30 at night my husband decided he wanted McDonalds and I decided that I'd have some too. The bad thing about it is that I wasnt even hungry. I dont mind eating things that arent that great when I'm really craving it especially since I eat pretty healthy most of the week but I dont like to eat unhealthy foods mindlessly or when I'm not hungry and dont even want it.

I guess friday will be my free day instead of today. Overall, I think that I should still be okay. I have to eat about 2036 calories to maintain my current weight. Each day, I make sure I eat less than that amount. I also try to burn 3500 calories from working out by the end of the week since burning this amount will allow you to lose 1 pound. I'll find out at tomorrow's weigh-in if I'm still on track...oh joy.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:14 pm

we all have days like that. Just do your best and no one can fault you for it!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm

2/13/11 Weigh-in Day
previous weight: 165.8
Current weight: 167.2
Change: gained 1.4

I'm heaving a big sigh of frustration and disappointment right now. I know the last few days I didnt eat the greatest but I didnt totally gorge. I've done all of my workouts and burned 3500 calories this week so I was hoping to at least balance out. I would've been happy with no change. After a long day at work and school, I want to just come home, relax and read but instead I work out so to see the number go up when I've been working hard is aggravating. I havent had pizza in over a month and I really want one right now. Emotional eating is what got me here in the first place. I eat junk when I'm bored or frustrated. Basically, food is my addiction. Although there are worse addictions, it's still not healthy. I know I'm still doing okay overall so I'm not going to stop working out or trying to eat healthy. If we never have bad times then we'd never appreciate the good times. That being said, I still may have pizza tonight.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 pm

from 2/20/11 weigh-in

current weight: 171.5
previous weight: 167.2
change: 4.3 gain

This is pathetic, I know. I almost didnt post it but if I'm not honest about how or why I'm gaining or losing weight then I'll never lose it and keep it off. So last sunday, I was down on myself for gaining a lousy 1.4 pound. I not only ate pizza but chips and a bunch of other crap which carried over into the week. I didnt work out at all. I went back to my old habit of not having breakfast and rarely having lunch and eating crap when I did. For dinner I completely GORGED and on awful foods that werent even that tasty or satisfying. It definitely wasnt worth the 4.3 gain. I really cant believe I gained that much in one week. Why is it so easy for me to gain that much in one week but never lose that much in a week? Anyway, after the week, I had I shouldnt be surprised at the gain. I feel like I self-sabotaged myself. Instead of being happy and focusing on the positive things that I was doing and had done, I gave a minor failure/setback more power. At this point, I'd take that 1.4 gain over a 4.3 any day. Lesson learned...I hope. I plan to start back working out today and hopefully get my eating habits back on track too.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:10 am
Site Admin

I feel your pain! Been there, done that, many times! I get so mad at myself when I catch myself munching naughty foods when I'm not even hungry, and then I feel depressed, and I eat more! And then even when I do better, it doesn't pay off nearly as fast as I want it to. Pounds go on easier than they come off. This past week I ate reasonably, worked out 5 nights... still gained half a pound. Erg!

Okay, so, stand with me and raise your right hand.

"I *state your name* do solemnly swear to eat better and work out regularly this week, so help me Pringles."

We CAN do it.... we're just slow getting there!

Good luck!

Pam :-)

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:53 pm

^^lol I stood up, raised my hand and said the pledge but all in my head. That still counts, right? :)

2/27/11 Weigh-In
current weight: 169.6
previous weight: 171.5
change: down 1.9 lbs

Although, I wasnt consistent with my work-outs this week, I did get my eating back under control. I'm also trying not to have an all or nothing attitude.

Pam, you're right. We will lose the weight. It's okay if it takes a while. That just means we're losing it in a healthy way and will keep it off. As Rob Schneider would say, "We can do it".

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm
Site Admin

kina wrote:
^^lol I stood up, raised my hand and said the pledge but all in my head. That still counts, right? :)

Thanks for the laugh... that was awesome!

Pam :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, Kina, you've also had a great week! Grats!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Nara. I'm taking it slow and steady but trying to get consistent.

From 3/6/11

Current Weight: 168.8
Previous Weight: 169.6
Change: down 0.8

Eating habits are still relatively good but didnt exercise at all last week as I had 3 papers to write for school. I will try to get more workouts done this week.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 pm

3/13/11 Weigh-in

Current weight: 166
Previous weight: 168.8
Change: down 2.8

Huh? Color me confused. Once again, I didnt work out at all this week. Between working all day and preparing for midterms at night, I honestly haven't had time. I have been eating relatively healthy but I was doing that last month and working out like crazy yet barely lost weight. Now, I'm not working out at all and I lose almost 3 lbs. It really boggles my mind. I'm starting to think that my body wants to remain between 165 and 170 and no matter what I do it will fluctuate up or down to remain there. Oh well, I'm ecstatic about the weight loss. I just wish that I felt that I had something to do with it. I just want to feel I have control and if I put in the work I will lose the weight.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next