View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The 7 Day Cleanse Challenge 

Unread post Re: The 7 Day Cleanse Challenge
Day 5....not quite an epic fail...

Had a second job interview today (and scheduled a 3rd, ugh - just hire me already!). Took most of my morning, was starving when I got home but managed to stick to my plan.

I made my last batch of broth and drank a ton of it today...

and then...

right when I thought my day was over....

we discovered that a friend from Texas was in town and we had to leave the house immediately to go see him. Which meant my boyfriend hadn't eaten dinner, which means we went through a drive thru....which means I ate a plain spicy chicken sandwich, about 6 onion rings and a small diet coke.

Fortunately this all tasted like garbage (which is why i didn't finish the onion rings). I remember this tasting amazing, but when you eat good food your taste buds can more readily recognize garbage. I didn't even enjoy the diet coke! which an achievement in and of itself. So back to the grind for tomorrow and Monday morning.

I am being encouraged to bring Oola to WonderCon (I don't know anything about WonderCon dress code....) so I had better get in gear! (and start stashing paint money)

I just put in Return of the Jedi, I haven't seen Oola in a while :P

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 am
Site Admin

As much as I'd love to see your Oola costume... I don't think I would recommend it for WonderCon. San Francisco in April is chilly (usually in the low 60's), especially when the wind comes in off the water, all of the hotels require a fair walk down the street, and it rains on us during WonderCon nearly every year. The convention hall isn't kept especially warm, either. You would be an icy Oola!

Pam :-)

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I was thinking along those same lines until Kay Dee wanted to see it. I might do a classic leia ( tho the dress might make me look like a midget) or finish up my smuggler.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:45 pm

woot done!

final weight is 120.5, i'll be interested to see if this holds steady. That is 1.5 down from my starting weight. I got to stuff my face with mexican food last night :)

I think I will continue to keep the vegetable broth a part of my diet. Its great at filling me up and keeping me from snacking. I am going to make sure to always have veggies cut up and keep a variety of fruit in the house. Not only will this be healthier for me but my boyfriend was eating more fruits and veggies too!

If this something that you want to try I suggest investing in some Beano if you work closely with people and never be horribly far from a bathroom - you will be drinking a LOT of fluids. If you want any advice or have questions on my experience feel free to ask! Overall I think this was a great experience and it really helped me realize where my problem areas are in my diet. Its a great self control builder and I can honestly say that I do feel like I have more energy.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 am
Site Moderator

Kulu wrote:
final weight is 120.5, i'll be interested to see if this holds steady. That is 1.5 down from my starting weight. I got to stuff my face with mexican food last night :)

Yay done!

I'm curious, too - because (and no offense to anyone is intended) I find that I can pretty easily drop 1.5 - 5 lbs in 7 days if I wish to. I just eat a lot of celery for breakfast and lunch. But it's not 'real' weight loss. For me, real weight loss comes of mindful dietary and exercise habits, and trying to get at least 6.5 hours of sleep per night. I find it interesting that so few weight regulation programs address the value of sufficient sleep. Maybe it's because it's actually easier to have broth (or no carbs or no meat or whatnot) than it is to pursue a good night's sleep?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 am
Profile WWW

This was a fascinating read. I've been interested in trying something like this for a while (won't be able to do it during the school year, but perhaps on one of my breaks). It's enlightening to "watch" someone's experience with a program like this. Thanks for the modifications and recommendations made.

As for sleep: well, our society isn't very well geared to getting a good nights sleep. It's like we're told "we can sleep when we're dead" and by doing so we push ourselves into an early grave. Hopefully with the number of studies coming out that support the health benefits of sleep that mindset will start to change.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2