View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Summer's Good ole 'Start Monday' routine 

Unread post Summer's Good ole 'Start Monday' routine
Ok. This is it. No more messing around! Let's do this thang! :twisted:

I was like 130 pounds at Celebration IV in 2007. Thinnest I ever was as an adult. And I felt great!

At Celebration V I was 150, after coming down from 165 shortly before. I wasn't as thin as I wanted to be for my Talon and Hutters but wore them anyway and was ok. Although I felt best in Darth Ewok obviously!

So six months after CV I am sitting here at 178 pounds! GAH!
:cry: :oops: :o :?

I blame getting a boyfriend because I never reallly ate breakfast or lunch until I met him, and certainly not homemade belgian waffles with cherry pie filling and nutella! Also, food tastes good. :|

OK! So after about 3 months of failed 'Start Monday's, I am finally...starting Monday. :P And this time I really mean it! So far I have kicked the diet soda habit and switched to seltzer and flavored seltzer water because I need my bubbles. I choose seltzer because unlike some other flavored sparkling waters, it has no chemicals or sweeteners, it is purely carbonated water and natural flavor. I will aslo keep up with my vitamins and have a bunch of fruit and veggies in house. Exercise I will take slow because it's not a favorite thing of mine to do and what I do like to do I can't yet because it's still like wintertime here in Jersey, and I am one of those people that is incessantly cold, even when I'm bundled up. I'm figuring 15 minutes, 2 days a week of stretching and small weights, situps etc., just to get moving again.

So as of 3/28/2011:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 178 pounds

I was inspired by reading all of your 'blogs' so hopefully I will be able to stay the course with you guys. :)

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Summer's Good ole 'Start Monday' routine
YAY! Welcome Summer to this fun experience. It is hard, but it's worth it in the long while. Can't wait to see and encourage you in your progress!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Waba gusha!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm
Site Moderator

Good for you for getting started!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Thanks everybody for the support! :)

I started off well last week but the weekend killed me because I went away with my boyfriend and ate bad food. :( So the weight I lost during the week was gained back and then some.

3/28: 178
4/4: 181 dadgummit >_<

Back on the horsie though. Looks like weather's getting warmer this week so I will be able to go walking at park at least.

Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 pm
Profile WWW

Don't you hate when you blow all your hard work out of the water? It happens to me all the time. Just gotta get back up and keep going. No point in letting you get yourself down.

You can do it!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:11 pm
Site Moderator

Eh, I always prefer to think of it in terms of damage control: "I gained two and a half pounds during this weekend's get-away. Thank goodness I ate light before we left or it might have been FIVE pounds intstead!"

Cuz I know myself and my love of the tasty food.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile WWW

Jaclyn, yeah, its terrible, especially weekends when you know you might go out with friends or something. And I have been under alot of stress the past few weeks too, got my oral exam for my master's degree tomorrow. So food was comforting. I can't wait til it's over!

Nara, damage control good way of putting it. Evasive maneuvers!

3/28: 178
4/4: 181 dadgummit >_<
4/10: 176 yay

Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I know this is a day early, but Congrats on your oral exam! (My doctoral prof once told us that it doesn't matter how you did, just that you got it done, that alone is a relief. besides, I doubt your mentor would let you get to the oral if they weren't sure you were likely to pass. ;) )

And YAY for the loss this week! Now, just don't go overboard celebrating your Master's!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, Summer, congrats on everything! Master's degree oral exam sounds exciting and a little scary. I don't wanna hear about how you're too shy to bare some skin now though - academia at those levels is brutal, if you're handling that then you can handle anything!

Good stress is still stress, so give yourself credit for handling it so well.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next