View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Weight loss without gaining muscle 

Unread post Re: Weight loss without gaining muscle
Ok, so i need to work on reading labels and measuring. Cut out the Gatorade and vitamin water. Watch for different wording for sugar and watch out for sodium. And try to just drink water and eat lots of fresh or frozen fruits and veggies. I know i can do fruits and veggies but switching to water is going to be hard.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm
Site Moderator

The water change may be the single most important change, sadly. Is it because the tap water there is unpleasant? Buy a Brita pitcher and start filtering it, I used one when I was in Nevada (the tap water there is OMG awful).

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

At my house i have well water which is completely easy and i enjoy drinking but when i go to work we do have a water company that brings the jugs of water in to use and we have the little water machine thing but it just doesn't seem to taste right to me. And everywhere around us that i go to has tap water and that is in no way good at all. I think i will just have to bring a water bottle from home with me everywhere, which is doable. I'm starting out not too bad today though. I have had 3 pretty big cups of water today which is a big change. I have avoided tempting myself to drink coffee which is good. I still drink my hot tea and it is an herbal tea which i don't think it too bad. I think...

I am really determined to do all these changes though. :D

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm a water snob too, grew up on well water (but no longer live at that house), and I've taken to toting the most potable bottled water around with me. Drinking enough water through the day will make a big difference in how you feel.

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Still the same weight as of right now but i have made some improvements. I downloaded the fitness pal app on my phone and started that today. I have also been drinking A LOT more water. I've been putting in extra effort into my karate and working harder at it. I'm noticing a difference in my karate workout because i am starting to feel it the day after and a bit at the end of it, so i know that they are helping. I've cut my food eating down a lot. Trying to eat more healthy foods. I've been eating a lot of fruit. I have to get out of my lazy phase where i don't want to cook anything that is frozen because it takes to long. Just because we buy frozen vegetables and i do love veggies i just get to laze to cook them because they are frozen. I need to make a lot more adjustments, i'm getting a lot better though. :) Hopefully in a few weeks i will have better progress to report on!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06 pm

As a general rule, veggies are better for dieting than fruit is. Both are better than processed and sugary stuff, but fruits have a lot more calories per cup compared to a cup of veggies. Salads are a great way to do veggies without having to thaw something frozen, as are wraps. Just make sure you go light on the dressing, or else you've just added enough calories to match eating fruit ;)

Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and other Sci/fi props & replicas at THGProps!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:37 pm

You lost a pantsize? I wouldn't worry so much about the actual number, I do not own a scale for this very reason.
Muscle weighs much more than fat, so I've actually heard of people losing several inches and actually gaining weight. But that's ok. Your weight is not a number floating above your head that other people can see and judge you for. They'll only see the inches.
Just my own way of looking at things. I think you're already doing well for yourself if you dropped a whole pantsize. :)

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm

loosing the pants size is a good thing, other than the having to buy new clothes :) Keep up the good work and don't get caught up in the numbers, get caught up in how good you feel and how well your clothes fit now :)

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2