View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
DVD training program p90x 

Unread post DVD training program p90x
I hate to show skin although I've been very slim all my life! For Celebration Europe I wore a belly-free costume so I had to get in good shape to find the needed confidence in myself.

We borrowed the p90x-program from a friend and started to work out. It wasn't much about loosing weight but rather about gaining muscle. My husband lost about 10kg in two month while gaining A LOT of muscle. I lost 3kg while gaining a lot of muscle, too.

The program comes with a diet in three phases. I'm in phase three since two months and I feel very good with this new diet. Best: I hadn't had any cravings for chocolate and sweets since I started with p90x in March!
Phase one is about getting fit for the program and loosing weight. You basically eat no fat at all, very few (healthy) carbohydrates and a lot of protein.
Phase two is about gaining muscle. You still eat no fat at all, but equal amounts of protein and (healthy) carbohydrates.
Phase three is about providing your muscles with energy. You still don't eat fatty things. You eat less proteins and more carbohydrates.

Each phase is 4 weeks long and each phase comes with individual daily workouts such as Yoga, Kenpo, jump training, and a variety of muscle workouts for different parts of the body.

It's not the cheapest or easiest of programs, I assume, but it's working and you can see results fast.
After 3 month of training (which I skipped on busy days!), it didn't bother me at all to show my belly at Celebration Europe :-D

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Unread post Re: DVD training program p90x
I have a friend who is going into the Marines. She started out being 190 lbs in January, after doing work outs like she used to in high school (she was an athlete then but gained a bunch of weight when she hit college) she got serious about her weight loss, did the P90X program and as of last week is 147 lbs. This program really does work. Getting in shape should never be about loosing weight be in getting healthy.

I'd like to see you post your before and after pictures if your comfortable enough with that.

^_^

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:22 am

Unread post Re: DVD training program p90x
I don't have any "after" pictures, actually. But I'll be working out in a month again. Since my term break ended I've been back to school (as a teacher) and I'm so busy, I don't have any time to work out. And I'm not into spending the little leisure time I have for sports and physical work-out.

In a month there will be the fall break. I'll post some pictures after that.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]