View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Summer's MIELA 

Unread post Re: Summer's MIELA
Thats going to look awesome summer. I don't think anyone will really notice that the lace and pattern on the material isn't exactly the same unless they are right in your face :)

Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks Kat!

Got my lekku from Pam today and they are awesome! I think they will really help this costume look more screen accurate.

I have started the lace underdress. The top half will be lace, the bottom will be a solid black material, as you only see the lace on the arms and the chest. I will have a red shirt underneath that for the red skin, but haven't decided whether to make it or see if I can find one in a store. I have surmised that having a tulle petticoat would be a good idea as well. I had one under my wedding dress and it made it look fuller, I believe it will make the gown look fuller as well. But they are a royal pain to make...maybe I should just use my wedding one even though its cream and aqua...

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Finished headpiece except for lacing. Used leather scraps I had. Painted emblem dark silver then used black to 'age' it. Used pearl white for band. Used gloss sealer to make it shiny. Used a leather etching tool to etch lines on edges. Emblem is attached with rivets. Band should have been cut a little thinner but not going to worry about it. I think it came out pretty good. I also finished the underdress, lace top with skirt that has tulle around it like a crinoline to give it body. Next up, the cape, then gown and neck piece.

Goopta mo bossa!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

looks spleindid. finding a twi'lek that doesn't have skimpy clothing. I have never been one to wear stuff like that. It's one of the reasons I stick with custon OC twi'leks. that waiy I get a chance to test the waters with new ideas.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 am

xiann - thank you! I have a few with skimpy clothes, but I gained so much weight I can't wear them anymore, lol. Well, not THAT skimpy. I do think I want to do more covered up things now, my next Twi'lek will probably be my custom bounty hunter! :D

But zomg, I am so happy with the way this is turning out. I finally learned a little about using patterns when I made my wedding dress so found one that would work for this with a few alterations. Butterick 5462. But let me tell you, I don't think I ever want to mess with lining up patterns in faric again! I didn't have enough to line the back up, but the front turned out good. I found a red long sleeve shirt at Goodwill for $1.99 because I certainly am not painting myself under the dress. I velcroed the red sleeves to the black lace sleeves at the cuff so they wouldn't ride up or down. Put leather cuffs and velvet ribbon on end of lace sleeves and leather trim on neckpiece. Next up is making the jewelry and then hooks and eyes for the cape to attach to the dress. The beads I am using are not an exact match, but it is VERY difficult to see any sort of detail in the pictures of her.

Goopta mo bossa!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Here is the finished costume debuted at Star Wars Celebation VI. Things to change: make headpiece velcro instead of tied in back, was very difficult to put on over Pam's lekku, but I was so used to squishing my cloth lekku into my headpieces. Headpiece also needs to be trimmed, the white part is too tall. Also fix so cape does not scoot back so much, which pulls the front of the dress up and back as well. Otherwise it was very comfortable (except for lekku, headpiece, and makeup) and probably one of my most well constructed costumes to date. I'm quite proud of this one. I think I'm getting too old for Twi'leks though. Lekku and make-up not my thing so much anymore, lol.

First picture from the Saturday costume contest. Second picture just a Rebel Legion submission picture. Third picture with Scott and Pam before Twi'lek group photo. :)

Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

You looked incredible! I'm so glad I got to see this one in person. Absolutely gorgeous! I cheered extra for you during the costume contest :)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 pm

You look gorgeous in your costume! And your never to old to wear a twi'lek costume, it's fun! :D :D

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2