View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Summer's MIELA 

Unread post Summer's MIELA
On our new computer I installed some old Star Wars cd-roms like Episode I Racer (LOVE this game), Behind the Magic, and Episode I Insider's Guide. On the Episode I Guide was a picture of Miela on the Twi'leks page.
I've seen her before of course, but for some reason fell in love with it last night and so I'm going to attempt it. A Twi'lek that shows little skin for a change!

It's hard to find any information on her, I'm not even sure if the name is correct but this is what a few sites call her. And I can't find anyone that has done this costume already.

My first order of business is to find a silver/pewter fabric similar to her gown's. So if anyone sees anything like this, please let me know! Thanks!
Here's two reference pictures that show the fabric well:

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Summer's MIELA
I LOVE this dress :) I'll keep my eyes open for fabric like it!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 pm

This is going to be really cool!!

...side note...I think it's funny where the page cuts off ...so it reads "senators are simply lazy and doing nothing" lol!!

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 am
Site Moderator

The only thing that I have ever disliked about this twi'lek is the fact that I CAN SEE HER HAIR AT THE EDGES OF THE HEADDRESS! And I expect the photography crew as well as the, you know, COSTUME DESIGNER, to catch that stuff.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Miss Magpi - Thanks so much!

Meena - Didn't even notice that, so funny!

Nara - That always bothered me too! Like why didnt they just airbrush it?! I'll make sure my headpiece covers my hair of course, lolz.

Goopta mo bossa!

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

Or photoshop it :P . But she looks really awesome and you will look so awesome as her, Summer! Are you going to make a new set of lekku for her or reuse a pair you all ready have?

And I'll keep an eye out for the fabric. Do you want any special kind, like velvet or just a print? It looks like it needs to have some drape, so it needs to be at least medium weight, just from looking at the pictures. Heavy weight might be a big heavy :P .

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Padme - Aw,thanks! :) I'm going to get a pair of Pam's lekku! :D As I want to look super authentic and elegant! I think the fabric is sort of like a brocade, medium weight as you said. I saw a silverish Chinese type silk today, not slinky but stiff silk, but it was paisley pattern. :( I think the fabric she has is sort of stiff if you know what I mean, but with medium weight and it drapes but it's not limp drape. lol...

Also looking for black lace material if anyone sees something similar!

Gah, don't you hate it when you're super excited about a costume but it's impossible to find the materials you need to make it look right?! :x

Goopta mo bossa!

Last edited by Darth Kyttee on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 am
Profile WWW

this is going to look beautiful when you get it together.
I agree with a brocade type material: somewhat stiff but with some drape and flow to it. If I see anything similar, I'll let you know.

And looking at the last pic, the first thing I noticed was that her hair was peaking out and was like O.o?

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:12 am

Jaclyn - Thanks! :) And yeah, Nara mentioned that about the hair poking out, lol. Maybe she is a human spy posing as a Twi'lek! :o

Goopta mo bossa!

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Found silver fabric at J&O Fabrics in my home town. Of course it is not a perfect match but it has a subtle pattern and is the perfect weight and type of fabric for the gown. Found the lace on red tag clearance at good old Joanns. Again not an exact match but the best I can find. It's surprising how few variations of black lace are out there. Good news is that silver fabric was only $6.98 a yard. Say what!? :o Can't wait to get started. :D

Goopta mo bossa!

Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next