View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Celebration VI - Twi'lek Photoshoot Logistics 
Site Admin

Unread post Celebration VI - Twi'lek Photoshoot Logistics
The site's up! Tickets and hotel reservations are already online! WOOHOOO!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

So we have a little over a year to start planning the Twi'lek Group Photo.... he he. Now, the question is, how do we want to plan the photo? I think we have several options:

1. If Lucasfilm provides the photo op stage, we can use that again.
Pros: The stage was easy to locate, people knew about the photoshoot time because it was posted in the convention schedule.
Cons: There wasn't enough room for everyone; the stage was definitely too small. We have to take the time slot they have available for us.

2. Plan a photoshoot on our own, using the staircase where the Rebel Legion and other group photos were taken.
Pros: Lots of space, and enough stairs so that everyone can be seen. We can schedule the photoshoot whenever we want.
Cons: The photoshoot would not be posted in the convention schedule, so others wouldn't know about it. We'd have to make sure that it's okay with security to block the stairs.

3. A combination of 1 and 2! We use the photo op stage if it is offered. BUT, we only use the stage to take small group photos. A group of Twi'lek Jedi, a group of Twi'lek dancers, Twi'lek Bounty Hunters, etc. With small groups, everyone is visible, and there is room for them to pose nicely. THEN, we go en masse to the stairs, and take a big group photo there, where everyone can fit and be seen on the staircase.
Pros: We'll be able to get nice group photos as well as the big picture. The photo opportunity will appear in the convention schedule so that people will know about it. A Twi'lek parade moving from the photo op stage to the staircase would be pretty amusing and impressive to see!
Cons: We'd probably lose some of our Twi'leks before the group picture. Not everyone will know about the staircase picture, or just won't want to hang around long enough for both sets of pictures to be taken. We had girls start to disperse quite rapidly last time. They got in the group picture, waited for a friend/spouse to snap a few photos, and then took off. Again, we'd have to make sure that the staircase picture is okay with security, and we would have to plan things around the time that is offered to us on the photo op stage.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Other ideas? Anyone else as giddy as I am right now?

Pam :-)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Unread post Re: Celebration VI, Orlando, August 23-26, 2012
I have no been to a Celebration so i don't think i could give advice! I would play it safe and go with option 3.

I just booked us a room as soon as i got the email!! I am so excited i can't think straight!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:57 am

Pam, option 3 sounds good. The parade to the staircase would be funny and awesome. I was sooo excited when I heard that CVI would be next year and in Orlando again...only 2 hours from me...Oh Yeah! We booked our room already at the Rosen Plaza.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:20 am

I was surprised they made it a year earlier, I guess the 20th anniversary of Ewoks didn't seem as lucrative. lolz...

I'm going and I'm dragging my boyfriend with me and making him dress as Obi-Wan ROTS style. :D

As for the group photo, option 3 is good. I'm just looking forward to meeting everyone or seeing everyone I already met again. :)

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Yeah, sorry, we're at Rozen Plaza. As you said, the other was full.

And I lean towards option 3.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Celebration VI - Twi'lek Photoshoot Logistics
I like the idea of the third option. Two opportunities to get a wide assortment of pictures :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 am

not to mention it's always funny to see the looks on people's faces when a cosplay group walks by.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:59 am

AmdlStar wrote:
not to mention it's always funny to see the looks on people's faces when a cosplay group walks by.

We had our Zumba Instructor's Convention there, and we weren't technically in costume (unless you count the Zumba clothing, which is pretty bright and flourescent) and we got weird looks. :)

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am
Site Admin

Hi,

I received an email from Mary Franklin today, and among other things she mentioned the photo-op stage at Celebration:

"I think we will do the photo stage differently, so it will be, hopefully, larger than at CV."

Larger would be good! (Though I suspect we should still keep a staircase photoshoot in mind, too, just in case it's needed.)

Pam :-)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:46 pm

larger would totally be better, that stage at CV was tiny

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next