View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Celebration VI General Discussion 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Celebration VI, Orlando, August 23-26, 2012
Well, we did nickname him "Whine-akin", didn't we?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:03 am
Profile WWW

kina wrote:
...and the hubby has a Darth Vader costume and whines, I mean complains heavily when he has to walk too far. lol

I chortled at that XD Mine does the same thing. He kept saying it was up to me on the swap but i knew if i didn't, I'd be paying for it!! He's trying to finish up his Galactic Marine for this and i really don't want to hear him complain.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 am

@Nara Pel - Indeed! I guess he's just staying in character. :lol:

@Miss Magpi - They can be such babies but it's probably because they aren't used to being tortured for fashion like most women are. I can't wait to see his Galactic Marine...that's a cool costume.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:13 am
Site Admin

Scott and I got our reservations at the Rosen Center as soon as we heard that they were taking reservations. That's where we stayed last year, and we loved it. Somebody on the 501st forum mentioned that he called the hotel directly, since it isn't showing up on the OnPeak reservations website anymore.... and was able to get a room that way. Apparently the convention block was full, but the hotel itself wasn't. He didn't mention the price, sorry.

Pam :-)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 am

I called the Rosen Centre to see if I could find out their rate for anyone who is interested but they said they dont have it listed this far out. So, I guess I would've had to actually reserve the room to get the price. I didnt want to go that far since I already reserved w/the Plaza, sorry.

I have a question for any 501/RL members. I notice that On Peak asks rather we are a fan, exhibitor or 501/RL member. Do you guys get a discount on your hotel for being members? That's pretty cool and well deserved if you do.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:13 pm

What costumes are you guys planning to wear to CVI?

Last year I only wore two costumes, the Hutters twilek and an Asaaj Ventress twilek. This year I'm wearing my sith cheerleader since I didnt get a chance last year. If I have my rebel pilot done by then, I'll wear it. I'm also working on a mandalorian. I'm not sure what twilek I'm doing rather I'll wear one from last year or work on something new. Decisions, decisions. I do have a special costume I'm planning just for CVI that I hope really comes together. The hubby is wearing his Vader again and working on a mandalorian. He also wore a pimp Vader costume last year (no I wasnt upset at that especially since we created it together lol) but I think he may let a friend borrow it this time.

I was also thinking of going as a star trek zombie with a light saber going through me. I normally wear this at horror conventions. I was thinking about wearing this one at CVI and maybe even being a twilek instead of human but this may be too gory for all of the little kids that will be there. What do you guys think?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:47 pm

plans are to bring my twi'lek and my mando might be doing a aussie twi'lek though. Idea sorta stolen from aussie vader but no beer cans XD

the Zombie star trek is awesome idea !

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:25 pm

kina wrote:
I have a question for any 501/RL members. I notice that On Peak asks rather we are a fan, exhibitor or 501/RL member. Do you guys get a discount on your hotel for being members? That's pretty cool and well deserved if you do.

What I heard is it's just for their "keeping track of things" stuff, but there's no discount. I wish there were. :/ *chuckle*

I've got a room booked at the Days Inn right now (we were looking at the EconoLodge, but I'm pretty "bwah! needs mai internetz!" when I go to cons sooo we switched lol.) May be switching to the Rosen if the Mercs got their block of rooms like they were aiming for, but that will depend on cost and if I can choose which mercs I'm rooming with. XD

So far planning on bringing one of my mandos, my 501st outfit I'm working on right now, and I'd like to bring a twi'lek costume and my smuggler pilot outfit.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

I will get in touch with Mary and let her know that we're interested in participating when they start planning the photo op stage schedule, and see about getting the Twi'leks back on the list! (Last time, they didn't start working on it until a couple months before the con.)

Nope, there's no difference in price between the "fan" and the "501st/RL" options for the hotel reservations. They're both the same.

I wouldn't advise wearing a zombie costume to a very family-oriented convention. While nobody would stop you, it just isn't good form to wear something bloody to a convention full of kids. Parents can turn off the TV when Anakin starts getting crispy, but they can't control who walks by little Timmy in the middle of a convention hall. I'd say to save it for the horror cons, where it would most definitely be appropriate (and appreciated) attire. Even the Death Trooper costumers get a lot of "that's not cool, man" reactions about wearing their costumes around kids.

SCott and I really haven't figured out what we're going to take yet. For Twi'leks, I'm aiming for Eleena and Scott wants to finish his Twi'lek X-Wing pilot costume. Beyond that, however... dunno yet! I picked our "his and hers" costume pairing last year, so I told him that he could pick what we'll do next time. (Hopefully I won't come to regret that! :-D)

Pam :-)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:07 am

I will be staying with my Mississippi Mandalorian friends again as I did at C3 and C4. I think they have a block of rooms at the Rosen as of now.

I will be wearing Miela for sure. I didnt want to wear Talon again but a new friend from Germany has a Legacy group going and so I'll wear it with them. Since Adam will be Obi-Wan I wanted to do Aayla Secura too. Or maybe a Padme, would love to get my AOTC Geonosis Arena battle costume done althought a ROTS Padme would be better suited to him. Wouldn't mind getting my custom Twi'lek bounty hunter done either or custom Mando. We'll see. Got to lose weight first. -_-

Kina - I love the Trek zombie costume idea! But not sure about the kiddies either, maybe you could wear it at night to a party or something?

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next