View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Parts and colors 

Unread post Parts and colors
Does anyone have any ideas for this costume. I am not sure I want to attempt a half flight suit and I was thinking I'd purchase an orange flight suit and cut it off at the appropriate place. I'm not sure I agree with rebel legion that it's a "gold-orange." I feel like flight suits are flight suits in the SW universe.

Also, for color - anyone had any luck with pistachio from Reel Creations? I tried to play with Ben Nye Kelly Green mixed with yellow and got nowhere.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:01 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Parts and colors
Hi,

I've been looking into all things Hera lately, too. (Twi'lek costuming is soooo addictive! :-D)

Looking at the promo images and those provided by Filoni, it really does look like her flight suit is a more golden tone than the true orange of the standard X-Wing suits. Of course, we well know that everyone sees things differently, but in comparing the pictures to my husband's X-Wing gear, the color is quite different to me.

I have ordered some bottles of ink from Reel Creations and I'm waiting for them to arrive so I can start testing. I ordered green, avocado, and yellow. I tend to mix all of my colors, so it's always a matter of experimenting. Lots of white always goes into the mix, too. Once I get the paints and test them out, I'll let you know what I find.

Pam :-)

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:17 am

Unread post Re: Parts and colors
I have been working on a Hera for quite some time too. I bought my fabric prior to the standards from RL coming out, which I don't really agree with all of them. I am basing my more on the cover of the book and the life size statue they had on exhibit.

Re: fabric color, the material I bought was called "pumpkin"...it is more of twill, I guess. I am having someone sew the pants for me. :) It does have some yellow to it, but it is a much darker orange.

Re: paint color: I use Temptu Pro, Dura line. I bought some Jade and mix with some Prime yellow, but the Jade was too limey. So they have a new color out, called Grass and I bought some of that to play with. But just haven't seem to have found the time to try it out!! (I am usually some sort of shade of purple.)...... Anyway, will post pictures here, once I finally get busy on this.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]