View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Body Paint Reviews 

Unread post Re: Body Paint Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1YUCqR_naE

-Brand name: Kryolan TV Stick- white-070.
- Sources for buying the paint locally or online: Both. Kryolan have stores all over the place but you can buy online.
- Cost:: TV Sticks are about $NZ45 but will last through dozens of applications. All other colour used is from whatever pressed powders you have!
- Is it water, oil, latex, or alcohol based paint? Grease, Thoug
- Application techniques you've tried: Brushed and sponged on a full face.
- How long does it last? However long you don't touch. You can use a sealer however this technique is the most skin real application I have tried so I wanted to keep that.
- What problems did you have? Only trying to match one side to the other. If you overdraw a line then you leave it to dry and paint over it.
- What did you really like about it? Super skin friendly. It all comes off with your daily moisturiser and a soft cloth. Loved how kind it was especially to the eye area. It doesn't look caked or dry when worn.
- How much paint did it take to do your arms/legs/torso/face, etc? I'd think a full stick would do two full face and arm applications, at least. A face application barely took a sliver off the surface.
- How easy/difficult is it to remove? Easy. I use Aveeno moisturiser which is a very thick moisturiser and basically use that for remover. Just like regular make up.
- Does it stain your skin, clothes, bathroom? Stain no, but the powder can transfer. Use an AA paint for hands in preference. This is mainly for the face.
- Would you recommend it to others? Yes. It looks lovely on all skin types and ages. And is actually opening up more face paint options for me after a year or so of avoiding it :)

I wet the pressed powder to paint the purples on, but it is possible to do this with just the flat top powder brush on a preferred base like a primer or foundation for a more sheer look. Using the powder wet allows for more defined lines (useful for Togruta!) and to slowly build up colour and work it in to the grease. The water will sit on the paint until it is dry and they further brush work will work it in to the paint itself.

The TV stick can be applied in a fairly heavy layer like I did or in a much more sheer coverage so it allows for translucent and opaque colours.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Here's another paint that looks interesting.... ProAiir Hybrid Water Proof face and body paint.

I just ordered a bottle to test, so I'll type up a review when it comes. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a good one! (A bit cheaper than Reel Creations, and looks like it has pretty good lasting power!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5JN2JhTKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjv4ke3hEFE

Pam :-)

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:08 pm
Site Admin

I didn't pay enough attention to the labels when I ordered my sample of Pro Aiir Hybrid, and accidentally ordered Pro Aiir Ink instead. Once I realized the mistake, I had to order another bottle so I could try again. Benefit of the mistake, though: I was able to sample two different kinds of paint!

- Brand name: ProAiir Hybrid
- Sources for buying the paint locally or online: I purchased from http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/
- Cost: Between $15 and $18 for 2 oz bottle
- Is it water, oil, latex, or alcohol based paint? Water/Alcohol "Hybrid" mix
- Application techniques you've tried: Sponged a test patch on my arm.
- How long does it last? One full day, plus a shower at the end of the day. I was careful not to get soap on the paint, and it was still perfect after my shower.
- What problems did you have? None, other than not really liking the smell, which went away when the paint dried.
- What did you really like about it? Easy to apply, lasted well, definitely waterproof.
- How easy/difficult is it to remove? Followed suggestions and rubbed liquid soap on the spot. Rubbing in soap with my hand didn't do much to remove it, but rubbing afterward with a damp washcloth took the paint right off.
- Does it stain your skin, clothes, bathroom? No problems that I saw.
- Would you recommend it to others? Definitely! I liked this stuff.

- Brand name: ProAiir Ink
- Sources for buying the paint locally or online: I purchased on ebay.
- Cost: $14 for 2oz bottle
- Is it water, oil, latex, or alcohol based paint? Alcohol based.
- Application techniques you've tried: Sponged a test patch on my arm.
- How long does it last? All day, and through a shower.
- What problems did you have? Really strong smell that I didn't like. The paint stayed tacky for nearly an hour after the application, and had 'wrinkle lines' in the paint where my skin folded at the elbow due to the paint sticking to itself.
- What did you really like about it? Lasted well in smooth areas of skin.
- How easy/difficult is it to remove? Easy with oil based remover.
- Does it stain your skin, clothes, bathroom? Didn't have any problems.
- Would you recommend it to others? I don't think so. I'd rather get Reel Creations and not deal with the heavy smell or tackiness. Granted, maybe a dusting of powder might have cut down on the tackiness and made it worth the lower cost.

Pam :-)

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:39 pm

- Brand name : European Body Art, Vibe
- Sources for buying the paint locally or online : I bought mine on a Canadian website specialized in makeup(studiofx.ca), but you can find their makeup on their official website.
- Cost : It ranges from 20$ to 54$
- Is it water, oil, latex, or alcohol based paint? : Vibe is their wated based range
- Application techniques you've tried : I Airbrushed a test spot on my arm and used a sponge on my face to test the color.
- How long does it last? : I would say that it COULD stay a full day if you are careful and seal it before going to the con, but I tested the resistance to water and then wiping the water with a towel and it resisted to a certain point. Do not rub the towel on the makeup, dab it instead and you will keep the color :)
- What problems did you have? : I didn't use the makeup as planned so I couldn't tell unfortunately :(
- What did you really like about it? : The smell, it smells like bubble gum ! They have interesting colors, easy to customize to make your own color, matte results and not that expensive
- How much paint did it take to do your arms/legs/torso/face, etc? :
- How easy/difficult is it to remove? Easy to remove with soap and warm water
- Does it stain your skin, clothes, bathroom? : It doesn't stain your skin
- Would you recommend it to others? Yes ! If you have an event that you plan to go for a few hours, it's a great alternative to alcohol paint. Not as waterproof as alcohol, but you should be fine. If you're going during a warm day, make sure to seal it, even if they say '' moisture resistant ''.

I was overall happy with my purchase, I will probably paint my next pair of lekku with that :)

Mon May 23, 2016 4:15 pm

- Brand name : European Body Art/Endura
- Sources for buying the paint locally or online : I bought it at a local costume store in Louisville, KY, but you can buy it online (silly farms, Amazon, etc)
- Cost- it cost me $15 per one ounce. You might be able to find a better deal online.
- Is it water, oil, latex, or alcohol based paint? : Alcohol based (Vibe is their water based- review above this one by Xaedra).
- Application techniques you've tried : Airbrush. No problems getting it through or clogs. Very smooth.
- How long does it last? : Forever. Lasts days. Very hard to remove. Have to use 91+% alcohol to remove it.
- What problems did you have? : None.
- What did you really like about it? : like Vibe, Endura smells great. Smells like grape bubblegum. Also the smoothest paint I have used (Ben Nye and Mehron always clog my airbrush). I had zero problems. Since it was alcohol based, it was hard to remove and didn't sweat off.
- How much paint did it take to do your arms/legs/torso/face, etc? : 2oz for torso/arms/face/thighs. 1.5 oz for lekku.
- How easy/difficult is it to remove? Hard. Came of easily with isopropyl alcohol. I used 91%.
- Does it stain your skin, clothes, bathroom? : It will stain any clothes it falls on while wet, but no problems when dry. It didn't stain my bathroom, but the over spray flakes easily wiped off the tiles when I was cleaning up.
I wouldn't press you luck though, so make sure you lay down tarp.
- Would you recommend it to others? Absolutely. This is the best paint I have ever used (and I've used Mehron, Ben Nye, Reel Creations colour pots, and Kustom Kreations). The only bad thing is the limited colours, but they mix well together (I had to improvise bc the store didn't have enough of any one colour- I mixed purple and white) . I would highly recommend Endura even if it is pricey. It was a dream to work with and super fast when using an airbrush. Dried fast too. Wonderful product.

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 am
Site Admin

These are my color-reference photos for the Reel Creations body ink that I keep on hand. They can come in handy while deciding on colors and mixing paints.

These color patches were made by mixing up the bottles and then dipping in a q-tip. I spread one layer of ink onto my forearm with the q-tip, and then let it dry. (A couple things to note: Turquoise and Vein are the same color, just different names on the packaging. And, from time to time I have noticed a bit of difference in the shade of colors when I purchase new paint and try to match it to old mixes. The difference is usually very, very slight, but here's an example of a greater difference: the very yellow shade of a (years old) Lite Toner sample in comparison to the color of a recent bottle.)

Mon May 29, 2017 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6