View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Hera color recipe? 

Unread post Hera color recipe?
Wow, this forum has really died down lately. Hopefully I can get a response. Does anyone have any idea on what I should use for a color recipe for Hera Syndulla?

As you can see, depending on the lighting, she looks either yellow or yellowish/green. I'm guessing that a muted chartruese would likely be the best bet. Currently, I'm thinking of using Reel Creations 'canary yellow' with a bit of 'white' and one of the green colors (which one though, is my dilemma; 'avocado', 'olive toner', or 'green #6'?) added in. Does anyone have a better suggestion, or does that sound like it would make the color about right? Also, would adding the white tone down the color, or should I add a bit of 'reel gray'?
I've also heard that using the color 'dead' instead of white makes for a very believable skintone.
So basically, I have no idea :roll:

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:56 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Hera color recipe?
Hi,

The forum tends to pick up before the big conventions... and then dies down while folks aren't in a frenzy to get things finished.

My plan is to use the turnaround, pantone, and publicity images that were provided for Hera, since those are references without any atmospheric lighting to mess things up. I haven't settled on a brand/color combination yet... still collecting samples and trying them out!

Pam :-)

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Wow, that's a great full body shot, I hadn't seen that one yet. It'll be very useful in seeing costume details as well.
Playing around in Gimp (free photoshop), it appears that Hera's color is in the same color family as the 'avocado toner' from Reel Creations; just much, much paler. If I darken a publicity picture of Hera, her skin looks exactly like the avocado... So my current plan is to just mix avocado and white, with a bigger proportion of white for her lekku markings. It might turn out to be a bit more complex than that, but I figure it's a good start.
(on a side note, does it drive anyone else crazy that it's spelled 'avacado' on the color chart?)

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 am

Her skin color looks very similar to Reel's green #6, but that might just be my monitor. Maybe a mix between green #6 and a tiny bit of white :)

Mon May 23, 2016 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]