View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Airbrush and Compressor Sources 

Unread post Re: Airbrush and Compressor Sources
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxi-Mist-Lite- ... 58a3558cfc

has anyone had any experience using a spray tan gun for paint application? Like the one in the link (minus the tanning liquids of course) I'm thinking this might be a good idea but I'd like to know if anyone has used one before.

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:40 am

Hey Aysel,

I don't see why one like that shouldn't work...the only concern may be getting a fine spray for smaller areas. I'm not sure how far down that type of nozzle would adjust. It looks like it would be great for large areas/lekku. :)

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:14 pm

I just got my first air compressor, and played with it and alcohol based makeup at a con this weekend. Pretty stoked! I picked up the "elephant" style air compressor and picked up a "stubby" brush. And I used Temptu (I had a silicone appliance...it was a weekend of firsts!)

All in all, pretty happy. I'll paint my lekku after Halloween (I have a few other things to finish!)

Here's the airbrush

and the "beginner airbrush kit"

After playing with it a bit, I was able to get coverage that looked gosh darn good! Both were bought on ebay. Brush was about $30 and the compressor kit with bottom feed brush was about $60

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 am

Does anyone have any experience with this airbrush system?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GYNS4 ... L500_SS115

I looked it up on the Belloccio website. It seems the only downfall is that the compressor is only 15psi. Would that work? Or should I save my pennies for a compressor with a higher psi?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:00 am

Pam,

Do you use a regulator for your Aztek brush? I ordered one and found that it has a small hose and an attached connector for a can of propellant. The adapter they included is still too big for my compressor. I'm not too worried about that part as I can pick up connectors at Lowe's, but should I worry about blowing a hole in the small rubber hose?

Thank you!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Kulu wrote:
Here is a link to something that seems the same as the compressor that I got from eBay a couple months ago

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spraymaster-Mob ... B000VE9XLC

It came with a gravity feed, dual action airbrush, I got them both for $60. I played with them a little bit for the first time today and took a couple pics. Keep in mind that i am a complete nub with an airbrush and got lazy... so it looks a bit spotty. Overall I am very happy with it. Its small, cute, portable and looks like an elephant (who wouldnt love that). very simple to use. The brand name sticker on mine says "powercat" but it seems like this same compressor is sold by several companies.

If your funds are low and you want an airbrush/compressor kit I suggest to eBay it up!

indoor lighting

natural light

Ooooo! Kulu, I WANT this little sucker! :D
I'm gonna have to cruise Amazon & eBay for this guy, it's perfect... and like you said, elephant! Count me in. Looks like it does a nice job with the coverage, too.
Hopefully someone in the U.S. Is selling a similar little number, since the link is for Amazon UK and they won't ship this to the USA (thanks 9/11 terrorist bantha poodoo :cry: ).
If I might ask, what is the psi on the compressor? I keep seeing suggestions of at least 25-40lbs.
Thanks! Very pretty blue, too. :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5