View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Airbrush and Compressor Sources 

Unread post Re: Airbrush and Compressor Sources
Nara Pel wrote:
The airbrush and airbrush makeup technique are over a century old. I'd take that claim with a grain of salt. As for the specific product, I'm afraid I know nothing.

Yeah, i did think it was a bold statement for them to make. I sent an email asking them about their makeup but i have yet to get a reply. I might take the chance and order one when i have a little extra money.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 pm

i dont know how long this link will last (hooray for ebay) but this is similar to the airbrush/compressor kit that i bought. (except my airbrush is top feed)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DUAL-ACTION-AIR ... 53e2aea0a9

havent had much of a chance to play with it. ill see if i have time today to paint some body parts and let you know what i think.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:49 pm
Site Moderator

As an FYI, top feed is generally physically easier to handle, and uses gravity to its advantage when the paint runs low.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:17 pm
Profile WWW

:| Well, I hope this is a good one because I just bought it.
MASTER G233 Dual-Action AIRBRUSH PRO SET w-3 TIPS

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Here is a link to something that seems the same as the compressor that I got from eBay a couple months ago

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spraymaster-Mob ... B000VE9XLC

It came with a gravity feed, dual action airbrush, I got them both for $60. I played with them a little bit for the first time today and took a couple pics. Keep in mind that i am a complete nub with an airbrush and got lazy... so it looks a bit spotty. Overall I am very happy with it. Its small, cute, portable and looks like an elephant (who wouldnt love that). very simple to use. The brand name sticker on mine says "powercat" but it seems like this same compressor is sold by several companies.

If your funds are low and you want an airbrush/compressor kit I suggest to eBay it up!

indoor lighting

natural light

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Yay I love examples! Thank you so much!

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself…and weaken them. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:19 am
Profile WWW

Oh wow, that looks great, I think along with one of Pam's lekkus this is an investment I'll be making next year. :D

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 am
Profile WWW

http://tinyurl.com/26ftsuo Trying to find out what would be an ok one to start out with do yall think this looks ok? And for a compressor, I see this portable one http://tinyurl.com/26buzw3

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself…and weaken them. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

Look up the Max psi on the compressor. I believe That you want it to be at least 40 psi. I have also been told that gravity feed airbrushes are prefered over siphon feed ones (they feed better when the paint gets low). Olive branch sells one for 30ish. I'm definitely not a pro at this tho :)

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 pm

:shock: :o :idea: :twisted: :roll:
(frought with emoticons here.)

So here's a question: How in the frakkin' frell do I get the air compressor on a plane?????

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next