View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Airbrush and Compressor Sources 

Unread post Re: Airbrush and Compressor Sources
you might have to check it with your luggage. i dont know the specifics on what is and isnt allowed in a carry on. My compressor is pretty tiny - kind of shoe sized only taller

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 am

Checking it in luggage is a no-no with TSA rules. Apparently, some rogue sith will attempt to make a bomb.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:24 am
Site Admin

I use siphon feed airbrushes when I'm painting myself because I always end up having to contort in all kinds of odd ways while I'm painting my back... and I had problems with tipping the brush too much and spilling the paint out of my gravity feed cups when I did so. I can use the gravity feed brush when I need to.... it's just easier to not have to worry about spilling! (aka, I'm a serious clutz.)

I've taken my airbrush packed in my luggage to Atlanta twice, to San Diego, and now to Orlando. I've never had any problems with it going through the security screenings at all. I put it in the same suitcase as my box fan, brushes, and bottles of paint... and it has always arrived in good shape, sometimes with the "inspection notice" tag in there, and sometimes without one.

Pam :-)

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:00 am

HMMMMMMMM......... maybe I should mail it to the hotel and mail it home???

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:42 am

lol thats what i was thinking. is there really something that says "no air compressors"?

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:59 am
Site Admin

I forgot to mention, we always fly out of a local airport which is so small that it has hand-inspections by the TSA folks instead of x-ray machines. They've never given my compressor, fan, brushes or the bottles of assorted paints, sealers and removers a second look when they search my bags. (We stand right there by the table while they're inspecting everything.) The lightsabers and blasters and fake grenades... those get a reaction, but the airbrush equipment never does.

Pam :-)

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 am

Hello all, just wanted to say that I picked up the Aztek mini-compressor and A220 airbrush on Amazon (3rd party vendor) for $79 + $21 plus shipping. I did some online and local research and shopping but thought this was a pretty good price. :)

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Kryy - have you received/had a chance to play with your new airbrush and compressor yet? I was actually looking at the exact same items on Amazon, since the price does seem very good.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, I've played with it a bit, but mainly to squirt air in my face to see what it was like. I don't have any paints yet.

But it's a nice size... smaller than a 2 slice toaster... and weighs about 4 1/2 pounds. I think I'm going to like this setup.

I did wind up buying a second airbrush (the same one), not just for the spare airbrush itself, but also for the extra two bottles and extra coupler.

Karyn :)

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 am

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... tm&h=f92ed

I'm looking into using this paint - but only for the face as I will wear a body suit.... can anyone recommend a small, efficient and reliable pump/spray?

Fri May 06, 2011 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next