View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Reel Creations for those of us outside the US XD 

Unread post Re: Reel Creations for those of us outside the US XD
Well i did try it again and this time it worked! Took around 28 hours to fully liquefy. I used one Royal Blue, third of a pot of white and a teeny bit of yellow to make 3 bottles of the blue shade i needed. I found the white broke apart easily but the royal blue was very hard to snap into pieces. I had to stir the mix every few hours to stop the paints settling and sticking on the bottom.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 am
Profile WWW

I used the red #2 color pot dissolved in 91% IA for my Darth Talon this weekend. It was so easy to do and liquefied in a couple of hours which surprised me because I found the vein color pot much more time consuming to dissolve. It applied just as well as the body art inks but the fumes were much more potent than the regular bottles. Being in a bathroom much more poorly ventilated than most didn't help and I had to take a lot of breaks for fresh air. I think I used about a fourth of a pot to make four ounces.

Here are the results. Image

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Not sure if this is too late to post but, does anyone know how long the pots last once dissolved into inks? I was going to buy the pots early, test it out and use the rest at the convention which is around 4-5 months away. Will it expire or anything? Probably a dumb question to ask..

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 pm

I don't think they expire, and they definitely can last that long. The thing is some of the pigment will settle in the bottom of the bottle if they're left sitting for a long time, and if you forget to stir and shake the bottle really well it could come out anywhere from really faint to an entirely different color (once I forgot to shake blue and and looked green 0.o ) So you should be fine, and not having to worry about them right before the con will make things much less stressful!

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:23 am

Thank you so much for your reply. It was definitely helpful! Oh wow, I'll make sure to shake them well then! ^^

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 am

Hey everyone!

A serious question a friend asked me a few days ago, and I had no answer to. She's going to be Memah Roothes, and said she accidently bought too little of paint. It's only enough for one paint job and a bit (Reel Creations), and cannot buy anymore since her convention will be soon, the shipping, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't bought my Aayla paint yet (since I'm still working on the costume, and I'm not going to the same convention as she. My convention is Anime North on May 20th). I would've helped, but she's wondering if she could sleep in the paint? I think the real thing she's asking is if it can stay on overnight, and not be wrecked, etc? Has anyone tried it, done it at all? Personally, I wouldn't sleep in paint but, I understand her dire situation. Her convention is December 19th - 20th, so an answer before then would be greatly appreciated! She's looking around for answers and had no success, so I told her I'd ask on this forum for her. I know it sounds strange, but she said she had to be Memah for both days since there were already paid, and planned photoshoots, etc.

Thank you!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 am

I have tried this it did not go so well for me especially if your hotel room is hot. I woke up the next morning looking like I had a plague not to mention I ruined the hotel sheets witch they charged me for -.- I tried to air brush touchup in the areas that were void of paint but could not get it to blend to the paint I already had on which made me look like a blotchy 2 toned twi'lek not as awesome as it wounds it also leaves a bad texture . I wound up just showering off all the paint and was unable to where the costume on the 2nd day I have learned that always buy more paint than you will need .Its always better to have too much then not enough.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! That's exactly what I thought would happen (get on sheets, etc). I'll let her know about what you told me/your experience. I've always ordered more paint than necessary, just incase. She's new at this, and mixed the numbers up. I told her I'd lend her my Elsa cosplay, so hopefully that works out instead.
Once again, thank you! :)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Has anyone had any luck on using this method on ben Nye magicakes aqua cakes. You only need to add water to this to activate it or you can use their liquid set or activator. Was wondering if anyone had throughs on dissolving it in alcohol and using in an air brush.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6