View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Reel Creations for those of us outside the US XD 

Unread post Re: Reel Creations for those of us outside the US XD
:D :D thank you!!
To be honest I haven't really decided I think a lighter colour would be best as I'll be wearing a lot of brown and leather ............ Maybe a lilac ....... I would need to figure out a way to cover my tattoos so they don't show through the paint as well

Might have to look into stage grade make up as a base

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:20 pm

For a colour like lilac you will need a lot of white, a lot. It's hard to gauge but I think I used about 90% white 10% pigments in alcohol. It might have been even more white in the end ;) Because white is opaque you will get full coverage of tatoos etc.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 am
Profile WWW

I'm going with lilac :D , seeing as I'm rather pale naturally it won't look so odd on me ;)
Good news about the tattoo coverage though because I am literally covered from collar bone to ribs ha!

Thanks for the help by the way :)

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 pm

And don't forget to stipple shading! It can help disguise even more by breaking up the flat look of a single tone colour :) I highlight my cheeks and eyes with pale pink because it works with Lilac really well but for Asari I use white, and I use a darker shade under my jawline. And agressive eyelashes!
http://neimhaille.tumblr.com/post/45470 ... -activated
A few costumes where I have used either straight from the box paints (red, white, and black) or mixed my own (pale blue and lilac and purple, as well as pale pink for shading).

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 am
Profile WWW

neimhaille wrote:
Tracey is quick and friendly and will let you know what would be closest to what you are after.

I actually had a hard time getting a response from Reel when I was looking for color help; my order even had an error and I had to track them down on their facebook page to get someone to reply to my emails and voicemails to ensure it went through OK. They did eventually get back to me though.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I made an order with reelcreations.com and I haven't heard back from them about shipping costs (I made it on Friday afternoon and they said they would email me with shipping costs). I emailed their help@reelcreations.com email to make sure everything was ok and nothing has come back to me. Maybe I should get on their facebook page too because I am frustrated and I need this stuff I ordered by next month for a comic con I'm going to. I just wanted to vent because it's irritating to have to deal with this when I'm spending almost $200 bucks!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:05 pm

LaurChan wrote:
I made an order with reelcreations.com and I haven't heard back from them about shipping costs (I made it on Friday afternoon and they said they would email me with shipping costs). I emailed their help@reelcreations.com email to make sure everything was ok and nothing has come back to me. Maybe I should get on their facebook page too because I am frustrated and I need this stuff I ordered by next month for a comic con I'm going to. I just wanted to vent because it's irritating to have to deal with this when I'm spending almost $200 bucks!

Yeah, I only heard back after bugging them on the facebook page. It was weird. You'd think for a small company that customer service wouldn't be that complicated, but I guess selling make-up isn't their main cash flow. There's 2 email addresses on the site to try, as well as a phone number, so I'd try all that, too!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 pm

detenten wrote:
Yeah, I only heard back after bugging them on the facebook page. It was weird. You'd think for a small company that customer service wouldn't be that complicated, but I guess selling make-up isn't their main cash flow. There's 2 email addresses on the site to try, as well as a phone number, so I'd try all that, too!

well, the latest is that Tracey emailed me back after i emailed both of the addresses in the contact section and she said that my order didn't go through and to submit it again. but the thing is, my card was charged already and the order is marked as shipped on the website. so i won't be submitting it again. i emailed Tracey back and told her as such and i will be calling the number. this is incredibly frustrating and very ridiculous!

Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Very very good.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 am
Profile ICQ WWW

I'm going to have to try this again as no matter how long i left the pots i had, it wouldn't dissolve and that was in 95% alcohol. Left them over night and it was still full of very large lumps of solid block. tried adding more and still blocks left. Tried crushing them up and some were hard as rock.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next