View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
"Professional" article about RC body paint application... 

Unread post "Professional" article about RC body paint application...
... for a Star Trek episode!

It mentions specifics about technique, airbrushes used, PSI, etc.

http://www.zazzousa.com/itsnoteasybeinggreen.html

I stumbled on the article and was fascinated by it, being a Star Trek fan from the age of 8 back in 1966. But I was *delighted* to discover they were using Reel Creations and to see all of the technical information.

Enjoy! :)

P.S. For those who don't know, the green Orion slave girl was the "inspiration" for Oola in ROTJ.

[Edit to fix typo.]

Last edited by Kryy Jacobi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 am

Unread post Re: "Professional" article about RC body paint application..
Loved this article...researching the Iwata spray gun now! Thanks for posting. :)

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Happy to share. :)

Along with the Star Trek FX, there are several other interesting articles on that site: http://www.zazzousa.com/articles.html

I was also interested in the Iwata products and recently purchased a couple of items to (hopefully) upgrade my technique. I was attracted to the idea of being able to easily adjust the airflow, both at the airbrush and at the compressor.

With my original Aztek I was fairly successful airbrushing my lekku and earbuds but did a total *fail* trying to paint myself. I kept doing a big blotch or spraying at the wall behind me. So I turned to sponging / brushing / stippling, and it looked OK but it was really too thick.

After doing research online and reading a lot of Makeup Artist magazines, I decided to try the Iwata "Eclipse" line. (It's small and portable for cons and I can save my Aztek for home. :))

I have only painted the back of my hand so far....so I can't do a review yet... but I will! :)

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 am

That Iwata gun looks amazing for full body painting. I use an Iwata airbrush and the control is fantastic, though the little cup needs to be bigger to avoid having to refill alot. But i can get them seperatly.

I know a friend of mine uses a fence painting gun she got from a DIY store to great effect when she does Oola!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]