View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Body painting with a sponge HELP!!! 

Unread post Re: Body painting with a sponge HELP!!!
for the alcohol based paint, I did Pam's suggestion and cut the sponges in half or in quarters, so as not to soak an entire sponge. It is a little bit harder with my fat fingers to hold it...but does work.

Also, ParkerN99....Pam has great tutorials on her website. Have you read those? She coverages using just sponges for the liquid makeup. I followed these. It does take practice though!!! So, try doing your makeup several times before your event. That really helped me, because even for my first event as a Twi'lek, it took me hours to get paint done!!

Here is link to paint instructions:
http://chucrew.com/Twilek/bodypaint.html

scroll down and there is a click me link to take you to detailed instructions for whatever paint you are using. I assuming water, if you are on tight budget!

Please post pictures when you have it together!!!

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks for the link, it helped alot! I will post pictures but it will be a while because I am going to wear it for Halloween. :D

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:35 pm

I use the water based Ben Nye that comes in the pots, I'm lucky enough to have a local spot that carries it! I use the triangle sponges, got mine at the Dollar Tree :) Just be patient when painting your lekku, I did mine with the sponges and it turned out fine but it took quite awhile to get it nice and even. A finishing spray helps keep it in place.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:14 pm

whoa sorry that's a huge pic, I'm not sure how to make it any smaller!

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Haha no worries it loaded fine! :lol: Thanks for the info, I need all of the help I can get! :D

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 am

Hi! I am brand spanking new to all this. I have purchased RC paint to be an oola. I cannot believe I chose such a skimpy Twi as my first one...

Anyways. What sponges for RC? Some folks say the triangle one soaks up too much paint. Should I do mehron cut up?

Thank you!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:08 pm
Site Admin

I tend to use whichever sponges I have on hand, though I use the yellow round ones the most often... usually cut into quarters. They do tend to soak up too much paint if you're not careful, but it's easy enough to limit how much you allow to soak into the sponge, and/or squeeze out the excess before you start applying the paint. I've tried cutting the sponges into smaller pieces, but found that it was more hassle than it was worth to try to handle something very small.

Pam :-)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2