View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Temptu Pro users 

Unread post Temptu Pro users
BIG sale!!! 25% off and free shipping over $50.

http://temptu.com/

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Unread post Re: Temptu Pro users
Awesome!!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Jana....

So I have been having a little trouble with this paint really making my pores and wrinkles stand out. I have been putting on a light dusting of powder after airbrushing so the paint does not have a tacky feel, but that makes pore problem worse.

Anyway, I got on the online chat with the Temptu people and they were AWFUL and not helpful at all! I described what I was doing and how using the product, etc. and asked if there was any kind of primer that might help etc. The only response I got was in capital letters: THE PAINT SHOULD NOT BE USED ON THE FACE, EVER! and that was it.

Then I asked if there was an alternative and they gave a short reply...about another product, but it is $100 for 4oz. I think not.

Anyway, after the 1st of the year, might break down and try RC to see if that helps. And maybe try to get my skin in really great shape before using. This getting old stuff.......blah!

p.s. ordering another dress, not sure if the medium will work. But love the color!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 am

They told you not to use it on your face?? How weird! It's marketed as a body art product...you'd think that would translate to face as well. I've never had any issues with it breaking me out or irritating my skin.

I know what you mean about the paint emphasizing every blemish/pore/fine line. It always makes the bags under my eyes look awful! I think your plan of action is best...just do what you can to get your skin in the best shape possible. I'm afraid that a primer might keep the paint from sticking. I use a LOT of eyeliner/highlighting/shading to try to draw attention away from facial flaws. I use the HD powder from Makeup Forever on top of the paint, and it really softens the hard lines. http://www.sephora.com/hd-microfinish-p ... Id=1510247

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

bethoid wrote:
might break down and try RC to see if that helps.

I had a weird time with Reel Creations customer service, too. Not awful, just... weird. I had questions and had e-mailed and called; I only got a response after I messaged them on their Facebook page. I also don't like not knowing how much shipping will be until after they charge my card.

Bummer to hear Temptu was bad at customer service.

The products are labeled "For Professional Use," which means they aren't tested as thoroughly as, say, the mascara you can buy at the drug store. It's all "at your own risk," so they have to cover their butts as far as saying whether or not you can put it on your face.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Yes, they probably are just covering themselves, however no where on ANY of the bottles I have purchased from them is it labelled not for face. Anyway, that is no reason for poor customer service. ha! Especially if they want more of my money.

I just bought the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System and wow it seems to work great! Will let you know in a month or so if I see a difference under paint. !

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Recently bought and used some Temptu Pro for a character i did and found it less 'fumy' than Reel Creations. The paint lasted amazingly well on the skin but was a pita to remove, took twice as long as R.C. paints. But i guess for longevity and no rub off anywhere it was worth it as i wore the paint for at least 7 hours.
The basic blue shade they do is rather aqua toned, you dont get a clean shade of blue from it. I had to mix in some left over Kett Aqua Proof blue to get the shade i needed.They do do a pure blue shade but that is in their 'special colors collection' which is slightly harder to get here in the UK.
Temptu is a well known brand for being used in films for makeup so being told dont use on the face, i think they were covering themselves from thinking oh this person is an amateur and we dont want to risk being held libel for any damage done if improperly applied or removed.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 am
Profile WWW

I have become a huge advocate for Temptu, myself. I'm not going to say much, but I'll leave this picture here.

This picture was taken at 11PM at Phoenix Comic-Con during the Masquerade. The paint was applied at 6 AM, and worn through the entire con. That's 17 hours of wear, in public, and it didn't budge an inch.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:27 am

Firelightx Which blue did you use?, that's a gorgeous royal blue shade!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:28 am
Profile WWW

That is "Prime Blue" I think... it's one of their specialty colors. I believe it's the same blue they used for Mystique in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next