View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Arm hair vs Body Paint 

Unread post Arm hair vs Body Paint
I swear I had seen this discussed somewhere in the forums, I searched but couldn't find it soooo...

I've tried a couple different kinds of paint and since I don't have much exposed skin I've been sticking with a Ben Nye creme that I really like, and just apply with a sponge & brushes. I'd like to wear shorter sleeves, but I have pretty hairy arms for a chick, and when I paint my arms the hair looks really dark and slicked down. I can fluff it a little when I put on finishing powder but it's still really dark.

Any way to avoid looking like a twi'lek werewolf?? Aside from shaving my arms that is :)

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 am

Unread post Re: Arm hair vs Body Paint
You'll get less of that with a water-based makeup like Mehron Paradise; I'm not familiar with Ben Nye's products, personally.

However, I usually shave.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi Meena,

I have more arm hair than my husband...totally sympathize! I usually end up shaving, too. :/ It's not fun but I don't really know of any other ways to avoid the hair/paint problem.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I like to wax before cons because I hate my arms being prickly and stubbly from shaving. It makes my skin break out a bit though so I have to do it a few days in advance. Having smooth hairless arms for the next couple of weeks is an added bonus to it. It costs about $8 for the wax strips, and I can get several uses out of them. I tried veet cream but my skin is way to sensitive to that. It was swollen for a while afterwards and broke out for two months.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]