View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Recomendations 

Unread post Recomendations
So I think I’ve jumped in over my head here but I’m trying it anyways! I've been lurking this forum for a few days now, reading everything I can find to help me but I've finally decided that the thing that would help me most is talking to people who actually know what they’re doing!

So far I’m going to be using this tutorial to make the Lekku: http://www.completewermosguide.com/lekku.html

And I've bought some body paint (Ben Nye cosmic blue, apparently water based is better if you have sensitive skin?)

A friend of mine has airbrushing stuff but if that doesn't work I’ll have to do sponges. I’m planning on doing my whole body so if I do the larger parts with airbrush then use sponges for other areas will that leave a line that you can tell what was airbrushed and what was with a sponge?

Also for a final seal. I’ve only heard about the Ben Nye stuff but the site I got the paint off of wont ship it to Canada. Any other suggestions? Or a place I can get it and have it shipped to Canada?

Any help would be awesome!

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 am

Unread post Re: Recomendations
Hi Jadin, welcome. :)

I've never tried airbrushing Ben Nye, but it seems as if it would have to be thinned way down to get an even spray without clogging your equipment.

Have you seen Vavalika's twi'lek? She uses a water based paint and I am amazed at how pretty and even her coverage is. I've spoken with her on deviantart a few times; maybe consider messaging her about good full-body application techniques. She is very friendly and usually has a fast response time.

Vavalika

As for final seal, do you have access to Mehron brand sealer there? I've had very good results with it. If all else fails, hairspray will work but it is a little bit sticky.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 am

Unread post Re: Recomendations
I'm a fangirl for MehronParadise.

Mehron also makes liquid water-based paints that might work in an airbrush.

The sealing spray is great-- use it both under and over the makeup.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]