View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Boots pattern 

Unread post Boots pattern
so i come to the conclusion that i will not be able to get boots till i get taxes done next year but in the mean time need something for halloween.

I have a 19 inch calf and only size 8 1/2 foot so am having trouble finding boots to fit that dont cost millions.

does anyone know of a great pattern or way to make fake foots that dont look weird?

I thought about using the material i used for the headwrap and my Jedi like belt as like toppers but also dont have shoes that work under them so would need to cover those too.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Boots pattern
I saw an excellent tutorial at Rebel Legion on how to widen existing Jedi style boots. Reposted here from LIJedi forums and the original source, Rebel Legion. Basically the idea is find something with a front slit or lace up, and make a greave to anchor in place over it with whatever method works for you.

---

Cherissa wrote:
So Patrick got these boots - http://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser- ... 192&sr=8-4 - in black (Ralys has 'em in brown), and I've been chatting/emailing a lot with 501st/Rebel Legion and the other twi'leks. One of them posted THIS on how to turn those boots into boots that fit the man with the lower legs.

I suggest use of Gorilla Glue to reinforce any stitching or velcro.

Original boot: Image

Final boot without upper straps (you do need to cut new ones from similarly colored pleather):

I did not write this tutorial. All credit goes to Obi-Jeff of Alderaan Base.

----

Obi-Jeff Kenobi wrote:
Hey everyone while preparing for the surgery, i will be making an alteration to my new Jedi boots Seen here,

I will then be taking the front center apart and installing some elastic material

Their is a extra brown leather strap that will be blocking out the elastic so it cant be seen. This is so my 18" calf can fit in the boot with no problem. While i will be loosing weight until then this should be fine. I still cant find some elastic straps for me to do this, if anyone could help thanks.

Well i started with the hand sewing and putting in the elastic inside the front part of the boot. Im not sure if my hands can keep up but i will try. If i dont complete it i will bring them to a friend that did my boots the first time and see what he can do with them for me. I dont have a sewing machine so hand sewing will have to do for now. Here are some photo's of what i did so far.

Here are my finished product of my Hand Sewing my boots. Here are some photo's of my final product. Let me know what you guys think. :mrgreen:

I have also added some Velro from my spats to the boots.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Boots pattern
I got a great pair of leather boots for a few dollars but they were a little tight. Took them to a cobbler who put in an extra strip to match from ankle to just below the knee.

Cost: under $20.

Thought I'd mention it - they do still have them, cobblers. :D

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]