View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
N. America - big calves boots 
Site Moderator

Unread post N. America - big calves boots
Lane Bryant is starting to come out with some boots that are suitable for Star Wars costuming; some may need a coat of leather or vinyl paint, but others like http://www.lanebryant.com/women-s-wide- ... 571%406000 seem like they'd fly as-is.

The prices aren't OMG AMAZING! but they aren't terrible, either. I pay more on average.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: N. America - big calves boots
Yoink. Adding that to my resources list. :D (I seriously almost started crying a bit when I got back to the room Saturday afternoon at D*Con to realize how badly my knee armor had scraped up the pleather on my tall boots. Yeah, they were $13 Walmart boots, but they were the only ones that fit my darn calves. So I always enjoy finding new sources for some that actually list the calf measurements. ^-^)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:09 am
Profile YIM WWW

to fix your boots get a can of vinyl paint spray, it'll be a quick fix. As for the boots good find, and the prices aren't bad it's about what I'd expect to pay for boots.

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:06 pm

I'll need to try that. I just did a quick "hide" with some permanent marker I had. (One of the buckles also ripped out before the convention when I was just wearing them around so that also had to be stitched back down. :/)

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Permanent markers are one of the all-time best emergency fixes for costumes! I highly advise eveyone to keep a few markers in their repair kits, especially black, brown, and silver. We use Sharpies all the time to touch up costumes, and they work really well. Once I got to D*Con to discover that one of the silver "buttons" had broken off of my Princess Leia belt. It had tumbled down through my luggage during the flight to Atlanta, and had scratched a huge silver-streaked line across the front of my Baroness armor. Five minutes with a black Sharpie, and the armor was good to go. I knew that the scratch was there, and I was really self-conscious about it... but nobody else noticed a thing!

Armor and boots are a dangerous combination sometimes. My Mara Jade shin guards have destroyed my Mara boots! They can never be worn for anything else ever again, because the damage is reeeeeally bad! Both ankles have been torn, on both sides of the boots, and the front edge looks like it was the victim of a tragic blender accident! Sigh...

Pam :-)

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]