View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
great long sleeve shirt pattern 

Unread post great long sleeve shirt pattern
i have tried several manufactured patterns but the long sleeve shirts are never tight fitting through the arms until i found this!

http://www.thegreenpepper.com/downloads/517web.pdf

it is a pattern by green pepper number 517 for an ice skating outfit. it is for stretch fabrics only, works great with cotton knits or lycra/spandex fabrics. the only odd thing is that the seam is down the middle of your back. If you only attach the left arm of the top it practically makes the aayla undershirt. If you want a long sleeve top without the leotard nonsense at the bottom just trace out the torso pattern and add an extra 6 to 12" to the bottom!

the sizing is a bit off. my measurements are 32.5"/26.5"/37 and the size 10 fits just fine and i could probably wear the size 8 just as easily. i <3 stretch fabrics. i have found that if you follow the sizing directions on most patterns you will end up with something way too big - green pepper (so far) is no exception to that rule

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:11 am

Unread post Re: great long sleeve shirt pattern

I've had pretty good sizing results for Simplicity Patterns. I've never had to let in or let out any costumes.

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself…and weaken them. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:20 pm
Profile WWW

i have never had good results with simplicity. i always end up having to make the smallest size and my measurements definitely dont match!

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

I always use 12-14 so maybe thats it :D

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself…and weaken them. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]